The Benefits of
One story that never changes is this:
When it comes to meals, breakfast
remains the undisputed champ.
Download the Benefits of Cereal Quick Reference
Download the Benefits
of Cereal Brochure
- Breakfast eaters tend to have better nutrient intakes.1-4
- On average, breakfast contributes less than 20 percent of daily calories, while delivering more than 30 percent of needed calcium, iron and B vitamins.6
- People who eat breakfast tend to consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber over the course of their day.3, 7, 8
- Nutrients missed at breakfast, namely calcium, fiber, and certain vitamins and minerals, are rarely made up for during the day.7-9
- Kids who eat breakfast tend to perform better in school and have fewer disciplinary problems. Breakfast also tends to help kids stay alert.10-12
Kids and breakfast
Compared to children who skip breakfast, a 1998 study showed that children who ate breakfast...
- Performed better at school
- Recorded higher test scores
- Reduced absenteeism and tardiness
Breakfast and weight loss
Dieters who successfully maintained weight loss of 30 pounds or more confirm that
eating breakfast maximizes the likelihood of maintaining weight loss
according to National Weight Control Registry Data.
90% eat breakfast at least 5 days per week
80% eat cereal and fruit for breakfast